[BITList] poor bastards

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Mon Feb 9 09:17:54 GMT 2009

Colin,

Many thanks indeed for bringing the plight of these poor souls to my attention - I rent my garment and wept copious tears, as did Janet, as also did various neigbours who came over to ascertain why all the bloody loud renting and wailing.  Since we lack the resources of our betters, albeit their resources are to be so severely cut back, we have resolved to pray for them, subject only to the receipt of notarised permission for us to do so, indicating the god or gods or other type or types of supernatural or natural being or beings (Mammon might do in an emergency) to which we should direct or otherwise project the prayers or such other invocations as they may permit. Just as soon as the snow clears, Pentland Avenue will resound to fervent prayer, and the air will be fragrant with incense, the smoke of sacrifice, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.