[BITList] Fwd: BOOK CATALOGUE NUMBER 49 - India & The Orient

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 00:12:27 GMT 2009

Begin forwarded message:

From: Hugh Ashley Rayner <hughrayner at indiabooks.co.uk>
Date: 6 February 2009 1:35:45 AM
To: Book Catalogue eMail list
Subject: BOOK CATALOGUE NUMBER 49 - India & The Orient

Herewith, with my compliments,  a copy of my new  Indian & South Asia
Book Catalogue  Number 49 - February 2009

It contains an assortment of recent antiquarian acquisitions together
with  some new Pagoda Tree Press publications & Imports.(Pagoda Tree
Press is the publishing and modern book importing arm of my business).

It is attached as an Adobe 6 PDF file. To open it, you will need a
copy of Adobe Reader 6 or later version, (if you don't already have it
installed, it is available as a free download (21mb.) from http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
  ) ; Adobe Acrobat 6 or later, or a suitable alternative PDF file
reader.

If for any reason the attachment does not come through, or you cannot
open it, please let me know, and I will be happy to re-send it to you
in any of a variety of other formats; including an earlier version for
Adobe Reader 4 or later; Apple Pages; MS Word or alternatively as a
plain or rich text file.
Catalogue 49  is also now available to view on my web site, at : www.indiabooks.co
,uk

I hope that there is something in it of interest to you. Even if
there's not; then please let me know if you received it, and wish to
remain on my mailing list for future catalogues. If you have any
specific requirements; then please let me know, as I have a very large
stock of other material on India, not listed in this catalogue.

If you should change your email address, please let me know and I can
update my address book, so that you continue to receive future
catalogues.

I have also added you to my mailing list for Indian Book, Map &
Photography lists and will automatically send you a copy of the next
ones that I issue.

Do please feel free to forward this catalogue on to anyone else you
may know, who would be interested in receiving it.

Important Note:
All new acquisitions from now on will now be uploaded as soon they
have been catalogued, and will only be accessible via the web site.  I
do currently plan to issue one further Antiquarian Book Catalogue,
late in 2009; which will probably be the last one!
It will be necessary for you therefore, in future, to check my web
site on a regular basis, to see if any new material of interest has
been added.  The new acquisitions page is at:

http://web.me.com/hughashleyrayner/Indiabooks.co.uk/Latest_Acquisitions.html

I no longer issue a specially produced annual catalogue in booklet
format. For the few remaining UK clients who do not have internet or
email access, and who regularly buy books; I will however, for the
present, continue to mail out a hard-copy print out of the email
format book list.

I am also in the process of developing a new Web Site that will be
specifically dedicated to Early Photography on India 1840 -1947.
It will contain a wide range of reference material on the History of
Photography in India & South Asia, Including:
* Index of Indian Photographers and Studios.
* Bibliographies
* Catalogues
* Print shop with a wide variety of original prints for sale.
* New & Antiquarian Books on Indian Photography
* Links to many other relevant photography web sites
* A Digital Library of downloadable images.

As soon as it is up and running, (hopefully within the next few
weeks), I will send out an email with full details.

In the mean time, if you have any further queries or requests, please
do not hesitate to contact me.

With All  Best Wishes,

Hugh Rayner

FURTHER IMPORTANT NOTE: You have received this Email because you have
specifically requested to go onto my mailing list, or have expressed
an interest in books on India.  If you do not wish to receive any
further lists or catalogues from me; please let me know, and I will
remove you from my mailing list.

I do not send out unrequested email lists, and the email addresses of
my clients are never forwarded on to any other third parties.

Hugh Ashley Rayner
Antiquarian Bookseller
Fine Books, Maps & Antique Photographs of India & The Orient
4 Malvern Buildings
Fairfield Park
Bath BA1 6JX
England

Tel/Fax: 0044 1225 463552
Catalogues issued regularly. Email, write or phone, for details.
All major credit cards accepted.
Member of the Provincial Booksellers Fairs Association.
Email: hughrayner at indiabooks.co.uk

Websites:      http://www.indiabooks.co.uk

                     http://www.pagodatreepress.com

ooroo

If you don't hear the knock of opportunity - build a door.

Anon.