[BITList] wrong signal - huh!

CT's x50type at cox.net
Tue Dec 1 16:17:27 GMT 2009

I hope it sets a precedent, not only to other parts of the Europe, but to other Christian parts of the world - until we hear church bells in Riyadh.................................................!

and how bad of the democracy practiced in Switzerland, which allows ordinary people rather than elected representatives to decide on such matters. [perish the thought - I hate that, don't you? allowing the little folk to decide for themselves.]

Europe's press says Swiss ban sends wrong signal

European papers are dismayed by Switzerland's popular vote to ban the building of minarets. Some fear it will backfire, sending the wrong signal to the Muslim world and setting a precedent for other parts of Europe.

Several papers criticise the type of democracy practiced in Switzerland, which allows ordinary people rather than elected representatives to decide on such matters. However, one popular Swiss tabloid defends the ban as a starting point for a debate on tolerance.