[BITList] Comet 4C for X-Plane Computer Simulator

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 01:39:29 BST 2009

G'day folks,

What some people do for 'hobbies'.

ooroo

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 28 August 2009 8:31:12 AM AEST
To: dh-comet at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DH Comet] Re: Comet 4C for X-Plane Computer Simulator

Following my last post, I've just finished the Flight Engineer's
station, and with it, the last major tranche of construction on my
Comet 4c for X-Plane.  I don't have enough inputs and outputs to
operate every switch (for example, smoke detectors aren't simulated at
all) but the major knobs, switches and gauges work. I have dials for
generators, batteries, oil pressure and temperature, fuel flow and
levels in all nine tanks, switches for in-tank pumps, fuel
jettisoning, pressurisation and de-icing.

A more detailed explanation, with screen shots, is here:

http://www.dh-aircraft.co.uk/news/files/1a1a60b6f24c700b5d8e3e5e128e8df3-55.html

Next, I must tidy loose ends, followed by "flight" testing to try to
achieve as close to the real performance as possible.

Yours,
Guy.