[BITList] Regift

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Thu Aug 27 16:33:11 BST 2009

John, Colin,

So, regifting has been around for about 10 years and absolutely no
USA-obsessed ponce on British TV has thought of telling us ?  One is
distraught - one really is.

Until now I understood "broach" as in "broach a subject", and the like.  And
at one end of Kincaid's Finishing Shop there was a machine whereby we (Mr
Petersen and I) cut the slots in the bores of gear wheels of the type that
go onto shafts having bars corresponding with the slots.  This was
accomplished by pulling a broach (a stepped cutter) slowly through the bore,
cutting all of the slots simultaneously.  A "holiday broach" looks like what
we'd call a Christmas brooch, if there were such a thing.