[BITList] Liverpool Daily Post.co.uk - News - Weird World - Wirralteenagers given lessons on how to catch a bus

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Wed Aug 26 07:41:29 BST 2009

Mikem

I believe anything nowadays.  However,  I know car drivers who are lost if they have to take a bus. Back in the 70s, in Scotts, I was approached by such a one just before we left at knocking off time. His car was away getting polished or some such, and he required me to give him the rundown on how to get home by bus.  After listening to my explanation he decided it would be easier just to follow me and do what I did.  I grant it was a complex procedure : walk down to main road ; cross road ; get on bus ; tell driver the destination ; pay fare ; sit down ; make conversation ; get off bus. It should have been made easier for him by the fact that it was a special bus laid on for the express purpose of taking us home, but Willie was terrified by it all.