[BITList] Steam supercar breaks century old speed record – but it doesn't count - Telegraph

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 04:39:41 BST 2009

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/6056573/Steam-supercar-breaks-century-old-speed-record---but-it-doesnt-count.html

"Twelve boilers, which run on liquid petroleum gas, heat water to
temperatures of 752F (400C) which is injected into a turbine to run
the engine."

Hmmm! I am of the opinion that the turbine is the engine.

The pedant again:

"With a built-in parachute to slow the craft down."

More Hmmm! I was of the opinion that the word 'craft' pertains to a
ship or aircraft?

Oh dear, there's more.

"::Jokingly nicknamed the kettle, the British Steam Car can pump out
8.8 gallons of steam a minute."

Gallons of steam?

":: Water is heated to temperatures of 752F to power the turbine
engine."

Water turns to steam at 212° F, therefore steam is heated to 752° F,
not water..

ooroo

Bad typists of the word, untie.