[BITList] Fwd: [BIship] BI Reunion 2010

Michael Feltham mj.feltham at madasafish.com
Thu Aug 13 07:40:37 BST 2009

 From the other List

Mike

Begin forwarded message:

From: "suespence42"
Date: 12 August 2009 16:08:06 BST
To: BIship at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BIship] BI Reunion 2010

Hi Everyone

I'm very pleased to announce that the BI Reunion in 2010 will be held
in Newcastle Upon Tyne from 8-10 October. We shall be based at the
Hilton Hotel where the dinner and curry lunch will be held. The hotel
stands in a superb location on the riverside with wonderful views from
the public rooms. It's close to all the attractions along the quays
and a short hop into the city via the pedestrian swing bridge just
below the hotel.  A chartered riverboat trip on Saturday, with
commentary, will take us from the Millennium Bridge to the mouth of
the Tyne. The link between BI and Newcastle/Gateshead will be to see
the areas where in the past many BI ships were built. We've 'road' or
should I say 'river'-tested the cruise and can thoroughly recommend it.

Newcastle's a great city to visit, with good access by road, rail and
air, and the quayside area in particular is really attractive, having
been revitalised in recent years with some wonderful buildings. We're
hoping to arrange a Friday evening get-together at a quayside venue.
Please follow the link for more details of the weekend's events.

www.biship.com/newcastle/index.htm

I'll be sending out the usual mailing with full details by late
October/early November 2009.  John and I very much hope that as many
of you as possible will support the reunion. We look forward to
meeting up again with many old friends and to welcoming those of you
who may be thinking about coming along for the first time. You won't
regret it!

With very best wishes

Sue & John Spence