[BITList] promotion

CT's x50type at cox.net
Mon Aug 3 03:09:37 BST 2009

eh! there is a government amenable to increasing a widow's pension voluntarily - out of the kindness of their heart?

It is quite common for servicemen to be promoted on their death - huh!

but this is not the same - this pilot was promoted to captain while mia/presumed dead/status unknown.

so there is apparently nothing stopping a private killed 2 weeks ago (say) being promoted to colonel on his death?

I'm not getting it.