[BITList] Fwd: Gurkhas not able to settle in Britain, despite court victory

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 14:06:54 BST 2009

Another viewpoint....

Begin forwarded message:

I might have known that this government would renege somehow!!!

Enright is right, it is a sham but it is also an insult to all ex
service personnel in as much as you must have won a gallantry award
for the absolute right to stay. Does that mean that ordinary British
service personnel are nothing unless they have one? It sure would seem
so in which case Mr. Brooon give me the fare and I’m away to Aussie
where veterans are valued!!!

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/96908

David Enright, of Howe and Co solicitors, slammed the new criteria as
"a sham".

He said: “They require a Gurkha to serve for 20 years but a rifleman
is only permitted to serve for 15 years.

“It’s a sham and an absolute disgrace. It’s far more restrictive than
the old policy.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/5209519/Gurkhas-not-able-to-settle-in-Britain-despite-court-victory.html

The Brown government has no ethics whatsoever.

ooroo

Bad typists of the word, untie.