[BITList] Is there any substance to this?

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 16 19:58:00 BST 2009

Ron,

Protestantism and Roman Catholicism are not different religions, indeed the term Protestantism is largely meaningless.  The gent who wrote the words was inviting us to compare a religion (Islam) with two branches of another religion, never mind the question of which of the many "Protestant"  sub-branches was the one being represented  (I believe the meeting is a fiction - simplistic right wing propaganda - but leave that aside).  Islam itself has a fair number of belief systems, some considerably at odds with the rest, so what flavour of Imam was he supposed to be?

These messages are mostly copied from US originals with some details changed.  Who in the UK is this Dr Stanley who can order all the "Protestants" around? And when did we have cookie jars in the UK?