[BITList] bain

CT's x50type at cox.net
Sat Apr 4 20:12:54 BST 2009

what a splendid episodic memory you have, hugh

all synaptic connections in full operation - the london schooled egyptian presbyterian psychiatrist phd md (ucal) I am dating (c/o eharmony) who can't speak arabic and who's great grandfather she says introduced presbyterianism to egypt in days of yore, tells me such things!

I wonder how joe managed to fall overboard from wavecrest - odd! and then another buddy is a tv n film scriptwriter in hollywood - more wow. and now I know you are kidding when you say one became a bishop in the mormon church......................................

you say jimmy died but was a bit sleekit! I have never heard of sleekit; it seems to mean furtive in a cunningly scottish way?

the bains of watten - what a lad alexader was, eh!

wiki says he was as born in Watten, and went to school there, but took up the profession of a weaver, hence the punning description of him as Weevir, rex philosophorum. In 1836 he entered Marischal College, and came under the influence of John Cruickshank, professor of mathematics, Thomas Clark, professor of chemistry, and William Knight, professor of natural philosophy. His college career was distinguished, especially in mental philosophy, mathematics and physics.
I don't get the weevir pun!

it seems to me, rather a big step from weaver to  the originator of the theory of psycho-physical parallelism!

I take it you are still an anarchists, dissenter, left wing zealot and jazz fiend.

every thursday evening I go to the ogden museum of southern art, university of new orleans in camp street, new orleans to listen to various forms of jazz, usually by local singers and musicians. you can see the program if you go www.ogenmuseum.org - it is generally excellent. wine is dispensed and strangely enough, the jazz gets better with each glass of wine...................................

the louisiana symphony orchestra has become really good under the baton of klauspeter siebel and the present conductor Carlos Miguel Prieto. tonight is purely percussion. april 29 - the british are coming and may 16 beethoven 8 AND 9...........................unusual to have both on the same night.

tchuess

colin