[BITList] A tragic event.]

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 06:24:55 BST 2009

The yellow nose P-51 was already down, and rolling out on the mains when
struck from behind by the green P-51A. The green P-51 was still air born
at the time of collision. I couldn't tell if the green P-51 got caught
up in the wreckage and that is what flipped him, or if he attempted a
go-around at the first sense of impact, and ended up doing a torque
roll. a split second after the third jpeg, the green P-51 impacted and
fireballed. The pilot did not survive. The yellow P-51 slid to a stop on
his nose, the pilot was able to get out without assistance.

I saw them approaching to land, and it looked too close for a formation
landing. I had the camera ready to capture the go-around, but instead
got a 30 frame sequence (5 frames per second) of a man dying.

ooroo

Bad typists of the word, untie.