[BITList] Fw: hk to bombay!

CT's x50type at cox.net
Thu Apr 2 14:31:51 BST 2009

bully for you, derek h

From: Derek Hargreaves
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2009 5:37 AM
To: bitlist at lists.bcn.mythic-beasts.com
Subject: Re: [BITList] Fw: hk to bombay!

ct

I hesitate to intrude in your conversation but, although my time with the Company was limited (1942 - 1951), your general character assassination of BI Commanders makes for very sad reading. It does not reflect my personal experience, as a deck officer, where I encountered only one of fifteen Masters who would attract such comments from me.

On a personal note, I served with R H A Bond (later Commodore) for almost two years 'on the coast' and witnessed a very high degree of practical seamanship combined with the man management capability and discipline necessary to cope with some difficult situations.

I learned much from Reggie Bond which served me well in later life without losing friends.

Regards

Derek H

BITList at lists.bcn.mythic-beasts.com