[BITList] Give Us A Break

fredmno at aol.com fredmno at aol.com
Fri Sep 26 11:44:49 BST 2008

Research or
so called!

Hi Hugh,

               It’s the use of the words ‘reliable
research shows’ or ‘scientific research proves a possible link’ that now drive
me round the bloody bend. Every day on the news and in every newspaper that one
reads we have the phrases used. They prove ‘absolutely’, (yet another word
often used out of context but for want of something to say is used ad nauseum),
soddin nothing. The classic last week was that research had proved a link
between some childhood illness and the use of Calpol a mild form of paracetamol
for children, after much huffing and puffing the representative of the research
team when asked what were parents to do when the child was climbing the wall in
pain declared that they had better get the old calpol flowing again as
currently there was no viable alternative and that more research needing doing,
ie dickhead speak for cough up some more dosh whilst we sit back at the
university scratching our asses and thinking up our next useless wheeze!

               Re yours on the ‘Who The Hell Am
I And Where Do I Come From’ is one of the forms of entertainment that we are
supposed to have, as a nation, a deep and meaningful fascination for, rather
like the American election we on the whole are bored skulless especially with
overpaid so called celebrities=2
0mewing incessantly at well timed moments. One of
the things that crack me up are the antique type shows where inherited stuff is
put up for sale/auction and then as it fails to reach the sellers aspirations
as to price they then whitter on about its sentimental value, as Homer would
say DOH!

                             BR Fred