[BITList] Morag's birthday

Rarwc at aol.com Rarwc at aol.com
Fri Sep 26 10:46:35 BST 2008

Morag had chust received her telegram from the Queen.
So the BBC sent a (very naive) reporter to conduct an interview (LIVE) to
mark the occassion,
out to her croft in one of the "houter hiles"
     It went something like this:-

Reporter.. Now Morag, have you always lived on the island ?

Morag.. Oh yes. I was born in this croft and I'll die in this croft.

R..Do you employ anybody to help you with the heavy jobs ?

M.. Ocht no. Do it all my self. The ploughing, the peats, the milking, the
harvesting, the shite shifting,
        efferything........

R.. Don't you bring somebody in to help you when you are ill, like 'flu and
other things?

M.. Ocht no. I've neffer been ill.

R.. My God! Do you mean to say you've never been bed-ridden?

M.. Ocht aye, often....and twice on the ferry to Oban !!

                        Rab C