[BITList] Soddin Internet

fredmno at aol.com fredmno at aol.com
Wed Sep 24 15:52:18 BST 2008

Can‘t
Access Sod All at the Moment

Having real
trouble with the computer at the moment, we now seem to think it’s our server,
it says we are already on line when we attempt to access our mail etc, when we
finally do get there it drops us like a brick, so at the moment its trying to
establish a window to post anything we can, I’m currently writing everything on
word so I don’t lose anything.

Tom in
Gympie, first of all I was looking on the wrong side of the road but I’m now
assuming you are in the south east of Gympie, these are all reasons why I
finished up in the ‘hell hole’ and not on the bridge! I found Deep Creek Road
and East Deep Creek Road but alas no North Deep Creek Road, am I up the wrong
Creek altogether?

For such a relatively
small place you seem to have an awful lot of reserves and bloody hell even a
Municipal Golf Course, we have one in the whole of the department as far as I
know. We do have an airport however, a left over from NATO at Chateauroux, I
guess you would call it our state capital, home to about fifty five thousand
souls. When de Gaulle threw her wobbly he ordered the Americans out of the
airbase, they used to run B52’s and much else out of there, when they left
whatever couldn’t be flown out was left to the French.

Most of the
village fire services have ex American vehicles as fire wago
ns, some even
dating back to the forties. When we arrived in 91/92 many classical American
big cars were on the road, not so many now, but we still see quite a few jeeps
and still in the town a lot of the bars carry the American State names. I know
some of the French women married Yanks because every now and then we come
across them and more often than not they are returning to have a look round
their old stomping ground. Prattled on enough, now off to cut some more wood,
fed up with the grass.

                      BR Fred