[BITList] Printers

Tom Gardiner tm.gardiner at skymesh.net.au
Wed Sep 24 07:46:34 BST 2008

Hello Hugh ,
	     Can't recall seeing a Xerox printer outside an office environment .
Lexmark I do know about . Initialy I thought them the bee knees until experience showed otherwise .
Lexmark are one of the companies that try to make the most money  selling ink.
I had one which boasted 8 pages a minute in black .
I could only print 4 with only one full stop on a clean sheet .
Took this up with lexmark .
It is your computer sending the data to slowly !!!   Eh ...
It is not even a valid excuse as the cache holds the data once leaving the computer .

I have no problem with refill ink . It does not damage the printer
But If one buys an newer Lexmark  printer the ink for the old one will not work in the new one .
I was quite relieved when the last one developed a control board problem which I could not fix .
Now I have a Canon , black and three seperate colours.

Jean has a little Epson , black only  .  Passed along by no2 son .
She had trouble following the network to use the Canon.
Now another piece of hardware on the bench . <grin>

On recent topics   My grass cutting is reverting to the once a year chore .
More and more patches are showing .

Time being spent on re decorating the house as we are expecting visitors from England
Fortunately Acryllic paint washe out of what little hair I have left .

Cheers
Tom