[BITList] More on Gympie

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 13:51:39 BST 2008

G'day folks,

On 23/09/2008, at 5:29 PM, Tom Gardiner wrote:

Salaams to my readers

 > I find the sneering about ten pound Poms hard to understand.

I always knew the term as a ten pound tourist. I am one my self. Best
bargain that I ever had, Twenty quid for my wife, myself and three
kids. We did produce a "dinky di" girl in Perth.

 > If you used google earth to see Gympie you can zoom closer
 > and find us .

Why not just post the Lat.Long?

My place is at.....

19°19'50.97"S, 146°49'8.54"E

 > our weather readers are always quoting some Index and getting
 > happy if it stays above a certain level.

UV? Ultra Violet. This after all is what causes skin degeneration and
finally melanomas. Queensland is well know as the world capital of
skin melanomas.

 > Must confess I did "borrow" water from the creek during
 > that bad spell I mentioned

Ah. So that is why the Murray is empty of water?

ooroo

Greetings to you from Townsville, where the weather today was beautiful.
Tomorrow it will be perfect.