[BITList] penelope

Colin Taylor realm33 at msn.com
Fri Sep 5 19:54:04 BST 2008

john f

well, he might have got the message this time.....................

he is so pious I expect he is praying for this lost soul...............

he cut out my response to penelope - she of the blaspheme. here it is - you might already have seen it......

"Regrettably, the only arbiter - john prescott, doesn't want the site to  be like the bars or smokerooms in which we used to discuss almost any topic under the sun. new rules have been made because many did not like the general discussions on almost any topic under the sun. The use of the delete key and the not opening of a file, as a remedy, was unacceptable.

however, such stuff as this is acceptable, probably because of the last paragraph ...............................

I find your language and others before you Blasphemous - surely
to "Christ" -; perhaps it is a cry for help from Alisdair and I hope
he receives the help he requires but it is note necesary for you to
blaspheme. I had a major back injury 5 weeks ago which I am still
trying to receive medical help for, and as a last resort I am seeing
a private spine consultant. I am paying for myself; bare in my I am a
pensioner!!!!)
John, I salute you for moderating the group as you do, please keep up
the FANTASTIC WORK, I appreciate it.
Shalom
Penelope

As you are new to this group, having signed up a couple of months ago, and odd though it may seem, Penelope - many on this site are/were senior officers, senior managers, executives, etc. used to holding positions of great responsibility, and last but not least - we were seaman (as in Seaman's Discharge Book). As such, some seaman are not known for their elegant vocabulary and delicate disposition (although reading some of the complaints, some may be of a delicate disposition now). I have heard it said that seaman have been known to use bad language, curse and even blaspheme on occasion. Your delete key would have saved you a blasphemous revelation. Sorry about your back injury, but your affliction appears to be off topic for this group - not being strictly BI.

John Butler wrote, "I believe that I speak for the great majority of the members of this site when I express my gratitude to John P for the enormous contribution that he has made to establish the site and to make it so successful for so many years. I can't begin to estimate the amount of time that he must dedicate to the task but it is, obviously, substantial. I am, also, certain that he would not wish to see the site wither and decay by the withdrawal of members who no longer gain as much pleasure from the site as they used to in the past."

I agree that the great majority of the members of this site will give a vote of gratitude to John Prescott for the enormous contribution that he has made to establish the site and to make it so successful for so many years. But because of arbitrary moderating some of the more erudite and constant contributors feel they were disrespected. A private ,diplomatic and mature approach could have been made which would have avoided valuable contributors of long standing leaving the group. No one who has reached seniority and maturity appreciates a public slap on the wrist.

colin taylor