[BITList] (no subject)

fredmno at aol.com fredmno at aol.com
Wed Sep 3 18:28:25 BST 2008

Salaams,

             somebody is wrong re the obit cut and pasted here.

1938 he joined the Blue Funnel Line and went to sea as a cadet in Tuscan
  Star and Sydney Star. After joining the battleship Royal Oak as a
  midshipman, RNR, for what he thought was to be four months’ training, he was
  aboard for the Fleet Review in Weymouth Bay, Dorset, in July 1939.

             surely the ships mentioned are Blue Star and not Blu Flu.
All that said I'm sure I've read of this mans exploits somewhere before
but I'm damned if I can remember where. Mind you with all the books
I've amassed since I started merchantnavyofficers.com its not
surprising.I have completed contacting today all those that expressed
an interest in joining BIT whatever T turned out to be, assuming T
didn't stand for travel. Interesting to hear you have a number one
issue of BI News Hugh, I have a number four that Derek Hargreaves gave
me some years ago when he and Barbara stayed overnight when on passage.
I really must do something about reproducing it on the BI section of
our mno site. All's well in France save the rapidly detiorating weather.

                               BR Fred