[BITList] xmas

HUGH MCINTYRE chakdara at btinternet.com
Fri Oct 31 20:07:48 GMT 2008

Colin,

At $399 I'd buy two of them for Christmas, but over here they don't sell anything for $399.  The cheapest Dell machine in the current catalogue (there's a cheaper one, but the spec isn't given - it's probably steam driven) is £329, which at the present rate of exchange is $530. The spec is : Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E7200 (speed not given), Vista Home Premium, 2GB RAM, 320GB drive, 16x DVD +/- RW drive, no monitor, free delivery.  Next up is £549 ($884), with a Quad Processor, Vista Home Premium, 3GB RAM, 500GB drive, integrated 10/100 NIC (whatever that is), 256MB ATI Radeon HD 3450,  16x DVD +/- RW drive, 19-in-1 Media Card Reader, 20" wide flat panel monitor, wireless keyboard and mouse, free delivery.  The second one interests me.

I've discovered how to keep this one going : don't annoy it by changing anything.