[BITList] more on King Kong

realm33 at msn.com realm33 at msn.com
Sat Oct 25 13:39:43 BST 2008

yo tom

that's our man alright..........................

yes, I have no doubt he was in the fleet air arm, he never mentioned his adventures therein.

I agree, he was for sure professional third material - especially when he was won't to stare into space and slowly wind his finger around a lock of what little hair he had left, and tug on it.

it will forever remain a mystery to me (and others) why the salvage association employed him in the first place; it may have been the ritualistic hand shake - for he was heavily into that, turning up late on a monthly basis heavily hung over. it certainly wasn't his technical knowledge or intellect.

yes, I can clearly imagine the shirt button complaint, beech's attempt at sarcastic humour - bizzare indeed.

anyway, I really appreciate your mention of purnea and john beech, known for ever in the far east as - king kong.

rgds

colin t