[BITList] This won't meet with JP's criteria either

fredmno at aol.com fredmno at aol.com
Tue Oct 14 10:42:22 BST 2008

Ello Ello Dare,
??????????????????? Colin asked how I finished up in France? I could say that I'm the last wartime internee left here having been sunk in the Loire whilst
?rescuing frogs and snails and caught by the 'gourmands du la France'! I could say I was kidnapped and am awaiting the ransom to be paid, sadly neither I actually thought it a good idea at the time, this was 1990 and the 'all for one and only' attitude in the UK was driving me too desperation. My father in law was coming up for retirement and said he'd move here if I did, the actual selling up in Wales couldn't have happened at a worse time in the housing market, apart from right now of course and it gradually went downhill from there. My FIL bought this place as an investment and I attended Usk Agricultural College to learn horse care and stable management with a view to running his place over here, we bought another smaller farm twenty minutes away leaving ourselves strapped for cash but there was no way I could share a house with my beloved MIL. It started really well, I qualified with European recognised NVQ's and was all set, both properties had been purchased and then my FIL announced he had terminal cancer, he was a GP so there was no dressing it up it, we of course had to stay in the UK for obvious reasons, not appreciated by dear MIL and within six months of arriving here after his death the UK crashed out of the ERM leaving us 30% down on my income that was all generated in the UK. Somebody please pass the rope when they've finished. Its OK now but when I look back its a wonder I didn't murder somebody. Anyway we have guests for lunch and I'm chef IC, its all very French, Chicken Tandoori, so I'm off, bet your sorry you asked now!