[BITList] An "Open Letter"

John FELTHAM wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 12:58:43 BST 2008

"An open letter"   and would be glad if you would circulate it...you
know what is happening in India ...in the name of religion we are
destroying a beautiful country.

     STAND UP AND BE COUNTED

     Beginning with Mr. Advani,  let every Hindu who has been through
the Christian schools systems stand up and speak for what is the
truth.  When they came to our schools for admission were they lured by
inducements? Were they offered money or land or food or did they come
because they knew they would get the total dedication of the priests
or nuns or the teachers so carefully chosen by the schools.

     How many Hindu parents have stood in front of our schools  for
days, from early in the morning to be able to get an admission form?
Were they forced?

     Were they forced to go to Catechism class or did they have a
separate Moral Science class? How many of them became Christian or
know of someone who was coercered  into becoming a Christian?

     St Josephs School celebrates 150 years and students have come
from all over for the celebrations. Let every one of them stand up and
be counted. Speak up now for what they know is the truth.

     Who are the majority of people who go to our hospitals, to our
esteemed institutions the St Xavier s, Loyolas, and the dozens of
Christian Institutions in every city and town. Are they Christian?

     Who are the people who want to do away with the minority quota in
our own institutions?

     And who are the people who go to work among the poorest of the
poor? What did Mother Teresa offer to the dying  destitutes she picked
up from the streets? What of the hundreds of nuns and priests who work
unsung in places where most of us fear to tread. They preach their
faith in their lives. That they feed and care for these poorest of the
poor is their vocation. We know the Christian definition of
'neighbour' from the parable of the Good Samaritan. Perhaps we should
sing it louder for all to hear.

      Most people in this country know us Christians for what we are.
That is why when I've returned the extra money wrongly returned to me
by a trader he asks 'Are You a Christian?' These is a small but potent
fringe group who wish to reap a harvest of votes. I say appeal to the
majority thru the newspapers and media.

     Stand up and speak up for us now I say to the majority community.

       We should all gather in out respective parishes on a given day
and time and pray together to show our solidarity with our beleagured
brethren. I don't think we should make any kind of march or in anyway
upset the fragile rhythm of this overcrowded city. Do it quietly in
our own premises making certain all parishoners are present in every
Christian Church.

     Pass this on, see what others have to add and say.