[BITList] Happy Birthday, Turing's universal machine

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 23:32:41 GMT 2008

G'day Hugh,

On 19/11/2008, at 12:18 AM, HUGH wrote:

"Turing's "machine" is wholly theoretical and very abstruse, as I
found out while studying the subject in 1973.  It was not developed in
any sense as a way of building a computer, rather as a way of
investigating a mathematical process.  Turing's "computer" was a
human, a man who computes.  I must go back to the books."

Make sure that you read up on "the bomb" and "Colossus"

ooroo

If you don't hear the knock of opportunity - build a door.

Anon.