[BITList] Back to Same old Same Same

fredmno at aol.com fredmno at aol.com
Sat Nov 1 11:11:54 GMT 2008

Salaams,
???????????? what a refreshing change to the news the imminent collapse of the worlds money market was, however is was to be short lived. I really do miss the broadcasters doom laden synopsis's every time one switched over to the news with their graphs and much else explaining sod all really but we'd better watch out because hard times they were ackomin, so whats new? It tickled me yesterday that Barclay's have sourced other cash from the middle east so they are not faced with government restrictions as to bonuses to be paid, their customers must be well pleased! My whole point however is that once there was no mileage left in the worlds imminent crash we've reverted back to the same old tired dross of getting the incapacitated back to work, getting fat kids slim, single parents off the dole, the interminable bloody American election, looks like I could be kissing BO's ass, eating our five a day, mothers to be drinking too much, God, the lists endless.
????????????? It was again refreshing this morning when I watched Mandrake of the Daily Telegraph tear the arse out of the newsreader when he explained that he'd just got back from the States where everybody remains optimistic re the future, the newsreader was foolish enough to ask why this was to which Mandrake replied because they are not being constantly assailed by the media re as to where to commit suicide, nough said.
????????????? Re the Scots as the hard men who need reminding of their sins, yet again. I declare that I have nothing to be ashamed of re the late British Empire when compared to other lesser empires, on balance we did far more good than bad and I constantly remind my sons of that fact. I was amused recently when I learnt that the adopted hymn of the negro americans, 'Amazing Grace' was written by an English Pastor who himself was a slaver, sorry but the irony was just too much! Sarkozy must be absolutely bloody speechless when faced with Rhawanda's assertion that French is to be dropped in favour of English and that they are to apply to join the Commonwealth, British Empire bad, I don't think so!