[BITList] The thought expressed here should cheer you up!

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Wed Dec 24 14:50:52 GMT 2008

I've still got an Air Mail letter I sent to my Dad in Burma c1944, complete with bad handwriting, a drawing of a window in our house, and a request from my brother for a knife with a snakeskin sheath.  It went through the latter stages of the Burma campaign with him, and it's the only item of wartime mail to and from him to have survived. Iain got the knife, but no snakeskin was available for the sheath.