[BITList] Fwd: Takes all sorts

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 11:21:59 GMT 2008

Man offers daughter to Bush shoe thrower

REUTERS
December 18, 2008 3:24am

AN Egyptian man is offering his 20-year-old daughter in marriage to
Iraqi journalist Muntazer al-Zaidi, who threw his shoes at US
President George W. Bush.

Saad Gumaa said he had called Dergham, al-Zaidi's brother, to tell him
of the offer.

"I find nothing more valuable than my daughter to offer to him, and I
am prepared to provide her with everything needed for marriage," Mr
Gumaa said.

His daughter, Amal Saad Gumaa, said she agreed with the idea.

"This is something that would honour me. I would like to live in Iraq,
especially if I were attached to this hero," she said.

ooroo

If you don't hear the knock of opportunity - build a door.

Anon.