[BITList] French trying to wrest GMT away from the Brits?

EDWARD TREACHER etreacher at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 18 06:49:50 GMT 2008

Interesting arcticle, especially as I'm in the middle of reading a book called "Time Lord, the Remarkable Canadian  Who Missed his Train and Changed thr World" .
It is about the life Sir Sanford Flemming the Scottish Canadian Emigrant, who was one of the prime movers to get standard time and zones accepted at the Meridian Conference in 1884.
The book, for those interested, is written by Clark Blaise, published in Canada in 2000 and now distributed by Random House of Canada Limited.
I am finding it interesting reading, although the author refers to Scots as Scotch and seems to have got a bit confused about noon and the sun passing the meridian.

Rgds
Ted