[BITList] Aftermath

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 14:25:02 GMT 2008

 From another List...

Been going through various transcripts etc regarding the Stockwell
incident, interesting point that was brought up which the jury it
seems were told to ignore as irrelevant:

Jean Charles de Menezes was in this country illegally, his temporary
visa having expired some 2 years previous (no record of an extension
applied for) plus he was working as an electrician & drawing various
benefits, in council supplied housing & not paying any tax - he
shouldn't have been in the country !.

Now correct me if I am wrong but someone in that situation should not
have been here in the first place, was effectively a burden on society
(you & me as taxpayers etc) so why was it not made clear during the
trial & inquest & if he had followed the rules etc he wouldn't have
been in a position to be shot by being here, is that not right ?

Just points to ponder.

ooroo

If you don't hear the knock of opportunity - build a door.

Anon.