[BITList] more dara

realm33 at msn.com realm33 at msn.com
Mon Dec 15 19:29:56 GMT 2008

hugh

you are correct he was fiver on dara - he was actually extra fiver bunking in the cadet cabin for'd ------- i was 4eo, but he was never on watch with me.

i left dara in december (for home leave after being away 33 months) before the explosion. i went on a motoring holiday in france in 1961; the first UK newspaper i saw when returning on the cross channel ferry had a front page photo of the dara on fire.............................quite a surprise.

what about him - i missed that?

colin t

From: chakdara at btinternet.comTo: bitlist at lists.bcn.mythic-beasts.comDate: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 18:58:40 +0000Subject: [BITList] To sleep, etc

Since writing on sleep at sea, etc, and Mr Batterycharger who was Engineer Super, etc, with an Indian company, I find that D. Bhattarcharjee was a Fiver on Dara when she blew up in 1961. From my records, the vessel Scotts built for the Great Eastern Shipping Co was at latest 1974, so Mr Batterycharger could just have been ex-BI, which might explain his attitude to control rooms.