[BITList] Fatigue is a subject that has been lurking about for years.

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 11:11:15 GMT 2008

G'day folks,

Driving in outback Australia has taken its toll of many people over
the years.

It is so easy to fall asleep at the wheel.

While driving across to Perth and back from the BI Reunion, I must
have driven Mike mad with periodical questions of "are you alright",
when he was at the wheel. No-one looks after your safety better than
yourself.

When my wife and I drive over to Perth we take 2 hour driving
sessions. I remember one time taking over from her shortly after 11.00
am and soon thinking that I was very, very tired. I pulled over and
asked her to drive for a while until I got my blood sugar back up to
an acceptable level.

A bite to eat soon made me wide awake.

ooroo

If you don't hear the knock of opportunity - build a door.

Anon.