[BITList] sex dungeon

s14engine s14engine at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 5 04:46:06 GMT 2010

is there supposed to be a crime here?

(refer to max mosley's invasion of privacy suit against the News of the World - As Mosley bewailed the fact that his wife had learnt of his sadomasochistic tendencies only via the tabloid's sting, one reveled in the notion that, to a certain caste of Englishman, you apparently have the right to keep your sex life a secret from your spouse of 48 years.)

ct

Sex dungeon' found in sleepy Devon village
Police have uncovered a "sex dungeon" in a sleepy Devon village - containing Nazi uniforms, whips, chains, sex toys and cattle prods.

Published: 9:22AM GMT 03 Mar 2010

 PC Andy Potter with some of the items found inside the 'sex dungeon' Photo: SWNS
Officers were alerted after neighbours reported "unusual behaviour" and "strange sounds" coming from the four-bedroomed house in Lee Mill, Devon.

Police arrived with battering rams to raid the home but after a plain clothes officer knocked on the door the residents let them in - thinking he had an appointment.

 The sex dungeon was then found in a converted room filled with "hundreds" of items including whips, gas masks, wooden bats, handcuffs, clothes pegs and shackles.
Police also discovered bondage chairs with straps, straight jackets, sex toys, gimp masks, S&M outfits, shackles, cattle prods and car batteries used to power the toys.

The dungeon was also stuffed with "various electrical vibrating" items and a recording studio complete with computer equipment and mixing desk.

Detective Sergeant Stuart Gilroy of Devon and Cornwall police said officers made the "startling" discovery last Friday (26/02) afternoon.

But during the raid one "customer" arrived at the home - and still asked for his appointment despite the large police presence.

DS Gilroy said: "We were surprised to uncover this to say the very least. Upon searching the house we found a room set up as a dungeon.

"It's fair to say we were not expecting to find a masochistic dungeon in sleepy Lee Mill. You don't expect to find this sort of thing anywhere.

"In the dungeon alone we discovered bondage chairs with straps, gimp masks, whips, shackles and various electrical vibrating items. Hundreds of items were seized at the address."

Ds Gilroy said the home - near a Tesco supermarket - had been a suspected brothel and police had expected to make a forced entry.

But they were "welcomed" in by the occupants and after executing a warrant discovered the dungeon on the first floor.

Police say it the semi detached home is located in a "nice and decent" area and the sex dungeon had been built in one of the smaller bedrooms.

A spokesman said: "The current tenants have had the property since October and neighbours had reported many different cars and strange men arriving.

"The first officer who approached the home was wearing a suit and tie and when he knocked on the door we believe they thought he had an appointment.

"They invited him in but then several officers followed him in and carried out the search and found the dungeon. While we were conducting a search one gentleman arrived.

"He walked straight passed police vans and cars and several officers and rang the bell inquiring about an appointment. We had to have a word with him."

A 38-year-old man from Lee Mill, a 21-year-old woman from Ivybridge, Devon, and a 24-year-old woman from Plymouth have been arrested in connection with the incident.

They have been released on police bail until April 30 to allow police to carry out further enquiries.

DS Gilroy said: "We are glad to have disturbed this activity and restored normality to the neighbourhood. We would also like to thank residents who reported the activity to us."

Inspector Phil Chivers, police inspector for the South Hams, added: "This incident demonstrates that we, the police, are reliant on information from the community."

The four bed home is a rented property which was being leased through an estate agent which has now been informed about the dungeon.