[BITList] CIA

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 12:18:59 GMT 2008

   The CIA is notorious in eliminating people who are perceived to be
a threat to America . In that sense, it's not different from the
underworld. Just how ruthless the CIA can be can be appreciated from
the shocking admittance of a CIA top gun in the below interview. The
man reveals how the CIA killed Dr Homi Bhabha, one of India 's
greatest ever scientist, and Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri. The
article is spine-chilling.

   THE BACKGROUND

   SOURCE: http://www.tbrnews.org/Archives/a2880.htm#004

   Known as 'The Crow' within the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA),
Robert T. Crowley ('Bob' Crowley) joined the CIA at its inception and
spent his entire career in the Directorate of Plans, also know as the
'Department of Dirty Tricks,' Crowley was one of the tallest man ever
to work at the CIA. Born in 1924 and raised in Chicago , Crowley grew
to six and a half feet when he entered the U.S. Military Academy at
West Point in N.Y. as a cadet in 1943 in the class of 1946. He never
graduated, having enlisted in the Army, serving in the Pacific during
World War II. He retired from the Army Reserve in 1986 as a lieutenant
colonel.

   Bob (Robert) Crowley first contacted journalist Gregory Douglas in
1993 and they began a series of long and often very informative
telephone conversations that lasted for four years. In 1996, Crowley
told Douglas that he believed him to be the person that should
ultimately tell Crowley 's story but only after Crowley 's death.
Douglas, for his part, became so entranced with some of the material
that Crowley began to share with him that he secretly began to record
their conversations, later transcribing them word for word, planning
to incorporate some, or all, of the material in later publications.

   In 1998, when Crowley was slated to go into the hospital for
exploratory surgery, he had his son, Greg, ship two large foot lockers
of documents to Douglas with the caveat that they were not to be
opened until after Crowley 's death. These documents, totaled an
astonishing 15,000 pages of CIA classified files involving many covert
operations, both foreign and domestic, during the Cold War.

   While CIA drug running, money-launderings and brutal assassinations
are very often strongly rumored and suspected, it has so far not been
possible to actually pin them down but it is more than possible that
the publication of the transcribed and detailed Crowley-Douglas
conversations will do a great deal towards accomplishing this.

   These many transcribed conversations are relatively short because
Crowley was a man who tired easily but they make excellent reading.
There is an interesting admixture of shocking revelations on the part
of the retired CIA official and often rampant anti-social (and very
entertaining) activities on the part of Douglas but readers of this
new and on-going series are gently reminded to always look for the
truth in the jest!

   END OF BACKGROUND

   Conversations with 'the Crow' - Part 14

   Originally published in TBRNews.org – July 11, 2008

   SOURCE: http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/article.asp?ID=8966

   JOURNALIST GREGORY DOUGLAS (GD): I am a man of sorrows and
acquainted with rage, Robert. How about the Company setting off a
small A-bomb in some hitherto harmless country and blaming it on mice.

   FORMER CIA OFFICER ROBERT T CROWLEY (RTC): Now that's something we
never did. In fact, we prevented at least one nuclear disaster.

   JOURNALIST GREGORY DOUGLAS: What? A humanitarian act? Why, I am
astounded, Robert. Do tell me about this.

   FORMER CIA OFFICER ROBERT T CROWLEY: Now, now, Gregory, sometimes
we can discuss serious business. There were times when we prevented
terrible catastrophes and tried to secure more peace. We had trouble,
you know, with India back in the 60s when they got uppity and started
work on an atomic bomb. Loud mouthed cow-lovers bragging about how
clever they were and how they, too, were going to be a great power in
the world. The thing is, they were getting into bed with the Russians.
Of course, Pakistan was in bed with the chinks so India had to find
another bed partner. And we did not want them to have any kind of
nuclear weaponry because God knows what they would have done with it.
Probably strut their stuff like a Washington nigger with a brass
watch. Probably nuke the Pakis. They're all a bunch of neo-coons
anyway. Oh yes, and their head expert was fully capable of building a
bomb and we knew just what he was up to. He was warned several times
but what an arrogant prick that one was. Told our people to fuck off
and then made it clear that no one would stop him and India from
getting nuclear parity with the big boys. Loud mouths bring it all
down on themselves. Do you know about any of this?

   JOURNALIST GREGORY DOUGLAS: Not my area of interest or expertise.
Who is this joker, anyway?

   FORMER CIA OFFICER ROBERT T CROWLEY: Was, Gregory, let's use the
past tense if you please. Name was Homi Bhabha. That one was
dangerous, believe me. He had an unfortunate accident. He was flying
to Vienna to stir up more trouble when his BOEING 707 had a bomb go
off in the cargo hold and they all came down on a high mountain way up
in the Alps . No real evidence and the world was much safer.

   JOURNALIST GREGORY DOUGLAS: Was Bhabha alone on the plane?

   FORMER CIA OFFICER ROBERT T CROWLEY: No it was a commercial Air
India flight.

   JOURNALIST GREGORY DOUGLAS: How many people went down with him?

   FORMER CIA OFFICER ROBERT T CROWLEY: Ah, who knows and frankly, who
cares?

   JOURNALIST GREGORY DOUGLAS: I suppose if I had a relative on the
flight I would care.

   FORMER CIA OFFICER ROBERT T CROWLEY: Did you?

   JOURNALIST GREGORY DOUGLAS: No.

   FORMER CIA OFFICER ROBERT T CROWLEY: Then don't worry about it. We
could have blown it up over Vienna but we decided the high mountains
were much better for the bits and pieces to come down on. I think a
possible death or two among mountain goats is much preferable than
bringing down a huge plane right over a big city.

   JOURNALIST GREGORY DOUGLAS: I think that there were more than
goats, Robert.

   FORMER CIA OFFICER ROBERT T CROWLEY: Well, aren't we being a
bleeding-heart today.

   JOURNALIST GREGORY DOUGLAS: Now, now, it's not an observation that
is unexpected. Why not send him a box of poisoned candy? Shoot him in
the street? Blow up his car? I mean, why ace a whole plane full of
people?

   FORMER CIA OFFICER ROBERT T CROWLEY: Well, I call it as it see it.
At the time, it was our best shot. And we nailed Shastri as well.
Another cow-loving rag head. Gregory, you say you don't know about
these people. Believe me, they were close to getting a bomb and so
what if they nuked their deadly Paki enemies? So what? Too many people
in both countries. Breed like rabbits and full of snake-worshipping
twits. I don't for the life of me see what the Brits wanted in India .
And then threaten us? They were in the sack with the Russians, I told
you. Maybe they could nuke the Panama Canal or Los Angeles . We don't
know that for sure but it is not impossible.

   JOURNALIST GREGORY DOUGLAS: Who was Shastri?

   FORMER CIA OFFICER ROBERT T CROWLEY: A political type who started
the program in the first place. Bhabha was a genius and he could get
things done so we aced both of them. And we let certain people there
know that there was more where that came from. We should have hit the
chinks too, while we were at it but they were a tougher target. Did I
tell you about the idea to wipe out Asia 's rice crops? We developed a
disease that would have wiped rice off the map there and it's their
staple diet. The fucking rice growers here got wind of it and raised
such a stink we canned the whole thing. The theory was that the
disease could spread around and hurt their pocketbooks. If the Mao
people invade Alaska , we can tell the rice people it's all their fault.

   JOURNALIST GREGORY DOUGLAS: I suppose we might make friends with
them.

   FORMER CIA OFFICER ROBERT T CROWLEY: With the likes of them? Not at
all, Gregory. The only thing the Communists understand is brute force.
India was quieter after Bhabha croaked. We could never get to Mao but
at one time, the Russians and we were discussing the how and when of
the project. Oh yes, sometimes we do business with the other side.
Probably more than you realize.

   JOURNALIST GREGORY DOUGLAS: Now that I know about. High level
amorality. They want secrets from us and you give them some of them in
return for some of their secrets, doctored of course. That way, both
agencies get credit for being clever.

   FORMER CIA OFFICER ROBERT T CROWLEY: Well, you've been in that game
so why be so holy over a bunch of dead ragheads?

   JOURNALIST GREGORY DOUGLAS: Were all the passengers Indian atomic
scientists?

   FORMER CIA OFFICER ROBERT T CROWLEY: Who cares, Gregory? We got the
main man and that was all that mattered. You ought not criticize when
you don't have the whole story.

   JOURNALIST GREGORY DOUGLAS: Well, there were too many mountain
goats running around, anyway. Then might have gotten their hands on
some weapons from Atwood and invaded Switzerland .

   FORMER CIA OFFICER ROBERT T CROWLEY: You jest but there is truth in
what you say. We had such a weight on us, protecting the American
people, often from themselves I admit. Many of these stories can never
be written, Gregory. And if you try, you had better get your wife to
start your car in the morning.

   # # # #

   Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homi_J._Bhabha

   Dr Homi Jehangir Bhabha died in the Air India Flight 101 air
disaster near Mont Blanc in 1966.[12] Conspiracy theories point to a
sabotage intended at impeding India 's nuclear program, but his death
still remains a mystery. The reason for the conspiracy was primarily
the intense pressure by the US and Britain on India not to follow the
Chinese - who exploded in 1964 - in testing a nuclear weapon. Dr.
Bhabha had the technical expertise but not the political backing to go
ahead with a test. His death was also very similar to the death of
Enrico Mattei - the Italian oil magnate who also started work on Italy
's 1st nuclear reactor and was allegedly killed by the CIA - by
sabotaging his private airplane.

   # # #

   Air India Flight 101
   From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

   Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_India_Flight_101

   Air India Flight 101 was a scheduled Air India passenger flight
that crashed into Mont Blanc in France on the morning of 24 January
1966.

   Accident

   On the 24th of January 1966 at 0702 UTC, Air India Flight Number
101, a Boeing 707-437 called 'Kanchenjunga' crashed on its regular
route from Mumbai ( Bombay ) to London via Delhi , Beirut and Geneva .
The plane was carrying 106 passengers and 11 crew members. It crashed
into Glacier des Bossons (Bossons Glacier) on the South West face of
Mont Blanc in France . At 4807 meters altitude, Mont Blanc is the
highest summit in Western Europe . There were no survivors. It was
quickly determined that the pilot had made a navigational error while
descending for landing into Geneva .

   FLIGHT 101 – 2nd of two similar accidents: It was the second time
such an air disaster had occurred on that part of the mountain, both
crashes involving aircraft operated by Air India. Earlier on 3rd of
November 1950 Air India Super Constellation called the 'Malabar
Princess,' carrying 48 passengers and crew had crashed in almost
exactly the same spot killing all on board.

   Sequence of Events

   The flight to and takeoff from Beirut were routine, except for a
failure of the no. 2 VOR ( VHF Omni-directional Radio Range ). At
07:00 GMT the pilot reported reaching FL190 to Geneva . He was told to
maintain that flight level 'unless able to descend VMC (Visual
meteorological conditions) one thousand on top'. The pilot confirmed
this and added that they were passing abeam Mont Blanc . The
controller noted that the flight wasn't abeam Mont Blanc yet and
radioed 'you have 5 miles to the Mont Blanc ', to which the pilot
answered with 'Roger.' Flight 101 then started to descend from FL190
until it struck the Mont Blanc at an elevation of 15585 feet.

   Passengers

   The victims consisted of 106 passengers and 11 crew. One of the
victims included chairman of the Indian Atomic Energy Commission Dr
Homi Jehangir Bhabha, who was on his way to Vienna. The remaining
passengers were Indian nationals, 46 of whom were sailors and 6 were
British citizens.

   Investigation

   The captain of the Air India Boeing 707, who was one of the
airline's most experienced pilots, had radioed the control tower a few
minutes earlier to report that his instruments were working fine and
the aircraft was flying at 19,000ft (5,791 metres) - at least 3,000 ft
(914 metres) higher than the Mont Blanc summit.

   'The commission concluded that the most likely hypothesis was the
following:

   a) The pilot-in-command, who knew on leaving Beirut that one of the
VORs was unserviceable, miscalculated his position in relation to Mont
Blanc and reported his own estimate of this position to the
controller; the radar controller noted the error, determined the
position of the aircraft correctly and passed a communication to the
aircraft which, he believed, would enable it to correct its position.;

   b) For want of a sufficiently precise phraseology, the correction
was mis-understood by the pilot who, under the mistaken impression
that he had passed the ridge leading to the summit and was still at a
flight level which afforded sufficient safety clearance over the top
of Mont Blanc, continued his descent.'